Good afternoon you wonderful people. I found this recipe for Keto hamburger patties in tomato sauce and thought it looked good. I tweaked it a bit by adding the onion and hot pepper flacks. Hubby and I are starting the keto diet. We are going to try to eat keto most of the winter as that’s when we both gain weight. I even found a keto Thanksgiving dinner to make and will share it later.
This sounds so good can’t wait to make it tonight..
Have a wonderful day !!
- 1 1/2 lbs hamburger meat
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 oz. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 hot pepper flacks
- 1 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 oz. fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients for the hamburgers in a large bowl except for oil. Blend it using a large spoon or your clean hands. Don’t over mix since that can make your patties tough. Use wet hands to form eight oblong patties.
- Add olive oil to a large frying pan. Fry over medium-high heat for at least 10 minutes or until the patties have turned a nice color. Flip them a few times for even cooking.
- Add tomato paste and whipping cream to the pan when the patties are almost done. Stir and let simmer for a few minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top before serving.
Fried green cabbage
- 25 oz. shredded green cabbage
- 4¼ oz. butter
- salt and pepper
Butter-fried green cabbage
- Shred the cabbage finely using a food processor or sharp knife.
- Add butter to a large frying pan. (is delicious fried in a teaspoon of bacon grease)
- Place the pan over medium high heat and saute the shredded cabbage for at least 15 to 20 minutes or until the cabbage is tender and golden brown around the edges.
- Stir regularly and lower the heat a little towards the end. Add salt and pepper to taste.