Hey everyone so sorry I didn’t post yesterday morning . I had gone to the Dr. and after getting home just keep getting sicker by the moment. By the afternoon I could barely breath. Went to the emergency room, turns out I’m allergic to the medication I was prescribed. I have never had issues in my life with taking medication. Feel much better this morning though.
I really don’t know what to make to day..Humm let me think. I laid out hamburger last night …
20 minutes later..ohh I know, I’ll make my famous Hamburger Casserole. I’ve not had that in a while. This recipe was a big winner when my children were little and lived at home. They were like mom you are such a good cook this is so good and I’d say my babies mom added a special ingredient that’s why it’s so good. They’d say what mom and I’d tell them I sprinkled it with love. This became a regular when I made something that was extra good to them. They’d ask if I sprinkled it with love each time and I’d say yes mom did..lol.
This is an easy dish to throw together and put in the oven, You can add another 1/cup of each cheese than the recipe calls for if you like a lot of cheese. How how perfect to me. I hope you will enjoy the recipe.
Be sure to bookmark the page and don’t forget to share it with your friends.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced in very small pieces
- salt, and pepper to taste
- 16 ounce box macaroni noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 28-ounce can pureed tomatoes, or your favorite sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
- 3 cups (grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese mixed ) Save 1 cup of the mixed cheese for the topping when placing in oven.
- 1 teaspoon of oil of your choice I used olive oil
- In a large skillet pour in oil, then put in the diced onions. Add in the ground beef breaking it up. Add salt and pepper to taste, along with the garlic, paprika ,oregano, and Italian seasonings. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and cook for around 10 minutes.
- Mean while cook the macaroni according to instructions on the box, After it cooks drain and add it to the cooked hamburger. Turn off heat of hamburger add the cheese mixing it up.
- Preheat oven to 350’F and place the cooked hamburger in a large baking dish and add the 1 cup of mixed cheeses to the top cook around 40 minutes at 350″F degrees. Be sure to check on it after cooking around 30 minutes as you don’t want to let the top of the cheeses get to brown but slightly as some ovens are hotter than others.
- Take out of oven cool a few minutes and Enjoy.
I pick up garlic bread with this. I like the cheesy garlic breads. I also serve with a side garden salad.