Hello everyone, I’ve had a time putting out tonight’s recipe. Between trying to watch the new Manifest movie series that came on last night that I missed, to making the graphics for this post and also trying to get the links in while fighting with my pet squirrel Herman who has decided I should be all his..🤣🤣🤣😂😂.
Tonight we are having this tasty dinner that I love called “One Sheet Pan Apple Gouda Stuffed Chicken”. This recipe is a one sheet pan meal which I love and means no messy clean up. I usually put aluminum foil on the pan and just take it off and wipe it down with a wet cloth. This recipe is only for two put you can double or triple depending on the size of your family
I hope you will enjoy this as much as we do!
Be sure to bookmark this site and share it with all your friends on social media.
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (double or triple for 4-6 servings)
- 2 ounces gouda cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil for chicken
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, more if desired for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 fresh ground pepper
For Sweet Potatoes:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a large sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Split each chicken breast cutting across but not through and open like a book. This is also known as butterflying. On one side of the chicken, lay out 7-8 thin apple slices followed by 4-5 slices of cheese. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme. Fold over and drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Place the chicken breast on sheet pan and top with another sprig of fresh thyme if desired.
- In a bowl, mix diced sweet potatoes with olive oil, smoked paprika, brown sugar, melted butter. 1 teaspoon thyme leaves and sea salt until evenly coated. Arrange sweet potatoes around chicken breasts.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then stir sweet potatoes.
- Continue to bake another 15 or until sweet potatoes are tender, should be fork tender.