Hey everyone been so busy this morning had to clean as we are having company Saturday then going on to this bar and grill to listen to some music and have dinner.
Today a dreary day today and with that kind of weather hubby has decided we are going fishing this evening. I wanted to make something where I could throw everything in the crock pot to cook and decided on this delicious? meal that my hubby is better at making than me he has some special ingredients he puts in and I’m not allowed to share with anyone ..LOL. Anyway its called Crock Pot Pumpkin Chili and you might think its crazy to add pumpkin to a chili dish but trust me you will love it, The pumpkin gives it a great taste and after its been cooking awhile your kitchen will smell amazing. Hope you enjoy this dish.
Please be sure to bookmark the page and share it with your friends on social media!
- 2 pounds ground hamburger or turkey
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 2 cups bell pepper (diced)
- 2 tablespoon chili powder (can substitute for McCormick chili seasoning pack)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 or 15.5 oz black beans
- 1/2 half of a can of 15 to 16 oz can of kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 15 oz can of hunts tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
Add remaining ingredients to the crock pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 8 hours. Is best when cook on low from the night before, Make sure to turn it to warm the next morning and then to high a few hours before serving.
Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese. I even make grilled cheese sandwiches to go with this which is so good.