Hello out there world, How are you? Hungry and ready for tonight’s dinner? I’m already starving just thinking about making this meal tonight..lol. Of course I haven’t had breakfast this morning so that is probably why.
Do you like chicken? You’ve probably noticed I make a lot of chicken meals. Well hubby is diabetic and we both love chicken so I try to come up with some original healthy recipes through the week to cook it. Today we are having maple glazed chicken and sweet potatoes. Who doesn’t like maple pancake syrup on their pancakes as this calls for maple syrup and it makes it so delicious and yummy. I really hope you enjoy it as well.
Be sure to bookmark this site and share this post with all your friends on social media so they can try this delicious dinner as well.
- 11 pound 8-ounce package refrigerated mashed sweet potatoes (is also good with baking sweet potatoes mashed after cooking)
- 1 pound chicken breast tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons of steak grilling seasoning, or chicken seasoning (such as McCormick )
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion (around 4)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper combined
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Prepare sweet potatoes in microwave oven according to package directions. (or if you decide to use baked sweet potatoes put in the oven cook until soft. Mash after done.)
- Meanwhile, lightly coat chicken with steak or chicken seasoning and salt and pepper. Heat butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and add chicken. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning continuously while cooking until done. Remove from skillet cover and keep warm. Stir maple syrup into hot skillet and cook on low for a few minutes. Stir in green onions.and cook for 1 minute.
- Divide chicken and potatoes among 4 plates. Drizzle with maple syrup mixture. Serves 4
Steamed broccoli is really good with this dish.