Hello foodie people. Today I wanted to make a snack that My Husband I have occasionally. I found this recipe some time ago on Eat Well 101 it’s called Pepperoni Basil Tomato Puff Snacks and is a bite size snack that is delicious and taste great with a salad.
I decided to make this snack as today I’m decorating the house for Christmas and wanted something delicious and fulfilling since it will take me most of the day as I like everything to be perfect. I know your saying its way to early but I love the holiday., They bring family together and that so important anymore. Life is to short so enjoy your family as much as you can.
My daughter and son are coming next week with my grand daughter and I wanted it to be decorated for their visit. We are having an early thanksgiving this year since my daughters vacation starts then. I’m overly excited as its been along time since I have lived so far away from them. Visit are not easy like they used to be.
OK enough about me and on to the recipe. I hope you enjoy this. Don’t forget it taste great with a garden salad.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Sliced Pepperoni
- Fresh basil, chopped
- 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 teaspoon water, for gilding
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C). Roll out the puff pastry and transfer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut 9 squares (approx. 3-inch/8cm)
2. On each square, arrange a tomato slice, topped with 2 pepperoni slices, parmesan, salt, pepper and chopped basil. Fold to opposite corners of each squares to form little boats.
3. Brush each pastry with the egg yolk, then refrigerate for 10-15 minutes before baking in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted and pastries are puffed and golden. Serve immediately, enjoy!
Double the recipe if you want more.